Saturday, February 9, 2008

Family Fun in the Winter Sun......Finally


You can't capture on film how beautiful it is here, you don't have to go to Switzerland for the Swiss Alps, we have a set in every direction you turn.





Grandpa was planning on cooking some fish tonight so he ventured out onto the frozen pond. I think he was hoping once he shoved off that the ice would brake.......it didn't. We all had a laugh wondering how we were going to get him back to shore. Dylan & Brigham eventually got the row boat out & went out to break it. Before they left the shore they had to turn it over & underneath it was a family of mice or voles ( I didn't get a close enough look). The big joke is, that Emma went running off screaming because she is terrifed of mice & I went running closer to make sure they were OK or if I needed to try & move them some place warmer. ( I thought Dylan was talking about baby mice/voles (like 'pinkies'), I wouldn't attempt to mess with them otherwise). The boys later laughed and joked about their difference in wives. Once they got Grandpa safe to shore with 5 fresh trout, Dyl, Brigham, B.J., & Geoff went over to the Lebaron's themselves, they went sledding & reminisced about their childhood memories & ended it with a trip to Harts gas station drinks and treats.






We went over to the Lebaron's again today, but this time we had company! We took Emma & April sledding for the first time & April seemed to love it! Brigham has the cutest little family & they are a lot of fun to spend time with. We have all been so pent up in our houses with all theses winter storm warnings every other day. We wanted to show Emma how we try to enjoy our snowy weather. It was about 40 + degrees today, but still tons of snow left to enjoy. I can't wait for you East coast families to meet them, Emma is so kind & fun & April......oh, April! She is more than words can describe, her beautiful sweet face & her outgoing, fun personality, they are both TREASURES, ......and Brigham is such a wonderful father & husband. We hope they are happy & can find their place here in America, but I selfishly hope it is here in Utah :)




2 comments:

Erin said...

love the pictures, can't wait to visit with them soon!

Carrie said...

Great pictures! April is SO pretty. I haven't seen pictures of her since she was born, I think.
I love the picture of Brian going out on the ice.