Friday, November 19, 2010

Home

We moved May 31st to our new home in Eagle Mountain. Whenever I say or hear Eagle Mountain I think of the farthest west part. But actually we are in the farthest East, right next to Saratoga Springs. The distance is not as bad as I thought, especially now that the new Pioneer Crossing road is done.

We love having our own home and Ella has thoroughly enjoyed the park in front of our house. She played all day outside the whole summer. It is great!

The school is still a part of Alpine School District and there are SEVEN, I repeat seven 1st grade classes there. There is a new school being built close by and will be finished by next fall to take the load off.

Our new Ward started out this summer with 3 full nursery's and now has 5 filled with a 6th on the way . It just split less than 6 months ago too! I guess we'll be splitting again in the near future. We are in the nursery so we still don't know too many people yet. We also have one of the 8 sets of twins, just in our ward. CRAZY.

My favorite parts about having my own place...more room, my own yard to garden, and the best part..... a GARAGE!! When you haven't had one for 5 years its a luxury, especially loading kids up in the winter for school.

I'm looking forward to finishing the basement and more gardening in the spring!

2 comments:

Maughan"sters" said...

Laura, It sounds like you are happy! Those statistics are crazy! Miss you...come visit if you are around!

Beck said...

How fun! And your Ward sounds crazy BIG!!! I love that you love your house. Thats the best! I concur with Linsey. Come back and visit :)