Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Not the Swine Flu

OK, so I haven't posted on this cuz we've been to sick, but I think I am on the Mend at least. Sunday night the twins woke up with 103 deg fevers and a cough 2 hours later and vomiting. they have been in misery and not sleeping. It was highly likely it ws the swine flu, but since my dic's office was not treating with tamiflu unless you were a high risk case, then there was no point to bring them in to find out.
The next night I woke up throwing up, fever and body aches I did not move for 20 hours..no joke. I couldn't. My sweet mom, would not leave our sides. she stayed and helped with my twins while I tried to recover and Dylan took the day off. They were quite the handful.
Well, last night Violet cried for 3 hours straight, we tried ibuprofen and tylenol, no relief. So Dylan took her to the ER. She was delieiously tired but was happier once in the car. They did x-rays, blood tests etc. It was an ear infection as we had suspected. They did a respiratory panel which is a test run for several flu types and we did NOT have the swine flu, it is parainfluenza type 1. Whew. Except that now we can still get the Swine Flu. I don't think I can take that on.....bless those poor families that have had to already.
Thanks for all the love and support from friends and family.

5 comments:

Beck said...

My goodness girl! You have had quite a week. Hope your family gets feeling better soon. Poor babies...

Maughan"sters" said...

So good to hear...I'm so paranoid about the swine flu! I'm glad you are on the mends.

Becky O said...

Poor Kelly Clan. I am so sorry to hear how bad it has been this week. PLEASE call me if you need me to get you anything. I hope you all feel better fast.

ferkyfam said...

I am glad you are getting better. That flu is a killer. I'm sorry you all had to go through it. No fun!! :(

Unknown said...

Holy Cow. I am so sorry. It stinks so bad to get sick not matter what you get it is miserable. So sorry.

Glad to hear you are all on the mend.