Friday, June 19, 2009

Swinging & Watching Birds

Swinging on the swingset in the backyard (Grace is on the left, Violet on the right)


We have a deck above our front door and from the outside edge we put some hooks & attached the baby swings, so now I can put the girls in some shade just outside the door and swing. Thanks to my dad and all hs creative ideas!!
These are 2 of the 4 babie birds that we watched grow up outside our door. Just above where we hooked the swings on the deck there is a ledge that we've had birds live in the past 2 years. Of course its the worst spot in that between my brother and I, we have 3 cats lurking around the rockwall. This year, my Cat Jethro killed the mother & left her on my doormat! I was devastated & kept my cats in lockdown for the following 2-3 weeks until they all flew off. The daddy bird worked his tail off 7 kept feeding them & they made it! They were fatso's too! I peeked out my door window everyday & I witnessed their flying lessons, some of their mealtimes & bedtime snuggles. haha. Anyway they hung out on the rockwall for a couple of days (which is waist high to me) until they learned how to fly. I spied them...even all 4....huddled together. This is one of the pictures below. I was getting too close so a few of them flew off. I was sure relieved when they were gone. I got sick of prowling cats & chirping bird warnings at 5:00 in the morning.

But......recently I saw a new bird adding to the nest and building it up! I'm hoping that it doesn't have babies!! I can't go through that again!! Stinkin nature & its circle of life. j/k I know its a beautiful thing, but really...how stressful it must be to have all these predators about!!!






0 comments: